In some instances, an Okta administrator may want to bypass Beyond Identity for authentication with a specific platform or application. The guide below will show you how to set up this feature, which involves creating a new routing rule.
- Navigate to Security → Identity Providers → Routing Rules
- Select Add Routing Rule
- The following rule will bypass Beyond Identity as the identity provider for all iOS devices
- Rule name: any descriptive name for the function of the rule
- If User’s IP is: Anywhere
- And User’s device platform is:
- Select Any of these devices and then iOS
- And User is accessing: Any application
- And User matches: User attribute
- byndidRegistered equals true
- Then Use this identity provider: Okta
PLEASE NOTE: In the example above we are creating a routing rule that will bypass Beyond Identity as the identity provider for all iOS devices; however you can write a rule for any mobile/desktop device as well as bypass Beyond Identity for specific applications.
Please sign in to leave a comment.