This guide provides instructions on how to:
- Set up Beyond Identity [BI} Authenticator to sign and verify with Bitbucket
- Beyond Identity authenticator with GPG key entitlements can be used to sign and verify code based on typical Devops events like push, pull, etc. This is a powerful tool to ensure security of SDLC process. The event triggers the signature validation process as part of CI/CD pipeline.
- A GPG key generated on BI Authenticator can be used to sign many repositories, but a repository can be signed with only one key.
- The email used to sign must be enrolled in the Beyond Identity tenant.
Ensure that you have the following:
- You have a tenant configured for your organization and able to enroll users.
- Integration with your SSO provider. The instructions are different based on your SSO provider. Please refer to the integration guides available in the below link
No need to setup up BI admin console or BI user console
- You have configured source code repository, project and entitled users to pull, commit, merge source code.
- The users who will sign code must enroll with BI tenant and download BI authenticator.
- You already have setup a CI/CD pipeline [optional]
Beyond Identity Tenant Configuration
Information to provide to the Beyond Identity Field Team to setup a tenant:
|Your Company Name|
(Optional) A logo for your corporation
300 x 150 pixels or less
File size of 10kb or less
File types accepted: SVG, PNG, JPG, or GIF
BI configuration for Bitbucket
- Generate Key management token
- Get authenticator entitlement to generate GPG keys
- Generate GPG Key
- Set repository path on the authenticator
Generate key management token
Beyond Identity Field Team: Please generate key management token through Beyond Identity Support Console for the tenant. This token will be used in the CI/CD pipeline as the value of BYNDID_KEY_MGMT_API_TOKEN in later steps.
Get authenticator entitlement to generate GPG keys
- Ensure “Commit-Signing” is enabled for the tenant. This can be done through the support console and BI SME can help with this.
- After this is enabled, any members of the Super administrator group in Beyond identity admin console should create a group with the exact name of “BI_SDO_GPG_Key_Creation”
- Members of “BI_SDO_GPG_Key_Creation” group will be entitled to generate GPG keys and configure repository paths
- Using Beyond Identity admin console, add users to this group. These users will see “GPG keys” in their platform authenticator as shown below
On clicking “GPG Keys” link, you should see a screen with options to create GPG keys and configure
Ensure the email address matches the email configured to perform git operations. You can omit the expiration date
Set Repository Path on the authenticator
After creating the key, you should see the key in the Authenticator and “…” to the right. Click “…” and choose “Set repository”.
Browse to the local path of the repository root and click Configure.
- Sign up for a new account
- Sign into Bitbucket with the account with the same email that will be used to code sign/verify
- Create a Project / Repository
- Configure BitBucket variable BYNDID_KEY_MGMT_API_TOKEN with value generated in step 4.1
- Your Repository🡪Settings🡪Repository Variables
- Variable Name: BYNDID_KEY_MGMT_API_TOKEN
- Configure the bitbucket-pipelines.yml file defines your Pipelines builds configuration
name: Commit Signature Verification
- pipe: docker://byndid/auth-commit-sig:0.4.1-rc3-debian
- Clone repository
- Make changes
- Commit with sign
- git commit -v -S -m "Modified README commit with -S"
- Verify successful pipeline run
- Your repository->pipelines. The pipeline should show successful
- Create an account
- Use the same email account that you will use to code sign/verify
- Create a repository
- Sign in with the same email account that you will use to code sign/verify
- You should have privileges to clone, modify, commit changes.
Create an account
- BitBucket: https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/create-a-repository-in-bitbucket-cloud/
Starting with Git
Please sign in to leave a comment.